- -What does Organic mean?
- Organic foods are grown on certified organic farmlands whereby their grains, fruits and vegetables are grown from uncontaminated seeds on clean soil without application of any agrichemicals for at least 3 years. Organic meats are derived from livestock raised with certified organic feeds.
- -What does “USDA Certified Organic” pet food mean?
- The food has gone through a series of third-party certification processes (unlike "natural" or "holistic" products) that validate at least 95% of the ingredients are organic, whereby all the manufacturing procedures and food ingredients of the manufacturing facility are inspected by at least an accredited agency in order to be certified as “organic”.
- -How do I really know this food is at least 95% Organic?
- The USDA's National Organic Program (NOP) provides very specific labelling and manufacturing requirements to assure you that the product is indeed more than 95% organic.
- -What does “ECOCERT Certified Organic” pet food mean?
- The pet food is certified Organic by a worldwide certifier of organic farmed products, ECOCERT, which is accredited to certify organic ingredients according to the NOP (National Organic Program) standards under the USDA.
- -Why is organic important and why should I feed my pet organic?
- Organic Products Meet Stringent Standards. USDA Organic certification ensures that products have been grown and handled according to stringent procedures. USDA certification of pet food requires the same process as human food certification.
- Organic Ingredients are Chemical Free and Not Genetically Modified. Organic foods are certified to not contain any chemical residues such as fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides, from which have widely been used in the conventional agriculture.
- Organic Food Tastes Great. It’s common sense – well-balanced soils grow strong healthy plants that taste great. In addition, organic food is originally fresh because it does not contain any agrichemical preservatives. Fresh food just tastes better!
- Organic Farming is Environmental Friendly. Organic farming practices reduce pollution (air, water, soil), conserve water, increase soil fertility, and use less energy. Organically Raised Animals are Cared, as we only use eggs and raw meats from organically certified sources – they care for their animals. These animals are NOT given antibiotics, growth hormones, or fed animal by-products.
- Organic Food is Certified. Each organic ingredient can be traced down to the farm on which it was grown. Organic food provides the purchaser the confidence that it is what the label states it is.
With all of the uncertainty in the pet food market today, you need to ensure that the food you are feeding your pet is safe. Organic certification is one way assure you that you are feeding your furry friend the best! We use All HUMAN GRADE ingredients from human food supply chain distributors. Our food is so healthy and clean that it is even fit for human consumption!
- -What are the differences between commercial, natural and organic pet foods?
Variable Commercial Natural Organic High Heat & Extrusion Food Processing Yes Maybe Maybe Antibiotics Yes Maybe No Herbicides Yes Maybe No Pesticides Yes Maybe No Human-grade Meats No Maybe Yes Animal Byproducts (blood, waste, "meal") Yes No No Artificial Colors Yes No No Chemical Preservatives Yes No No Genetic Modification Yes No No Grain Quality (nutritional value and healthy elements) Low High High Meat Quality (nutritional value and healthy elements) Low High High Vitamin and Mineral Content Low High High
- -Is it true that grains are bad for dogs?
- Whole grains, rather than being fillers, contribute valuable nutrients including vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and fibre to diets. In fact, majority of dogs (and cats!) can digest and utilize nutrients very well from grains. While some dogs are allergic to specific grains, these allergies are no more common than allergies to animal proteins such as chicken, beef and dairy. Therefore, not all dogs are allergic towards grains but most grains are good for dogs!
- -What makes Natural Core different from other pet food brands?
- All Natural Core products are:
- Highly palatable
Natural Core utilizes the freshest ingredients that can be found in the market, together with the advanced processing technology of triple-coating mechanism that preserves the natural taste of every single ingredient.
- Made from the highest quality of raw ingredients
Natural Core uses only the highest quality ingredients sourced from its own organic farm in Korea and other trusted sources in the United States and Australia.
- Highly digestible
Each ingredient is pre-processed according to its property and incorporated with advanced technology to ensure each kibble is porous and of low density. As a result, pets spend less energy in food digestion and channel extra energy reserves for building body immunity.
- Reduced fecal and body odour
- Highly palatable
- -What is NOT found in Natural Core pet food?
- Natural Core pet food DOES NOT contain GMO (Genetically Modified Organism), Synthetic Fertilizer, Residual Pesticide, Antibiotic, Insecticide, Hormones, Chemical Preservative, Artificial Flavour and Colour.
- -How does Natural Core Pet Food stay fresh and maintain its shelf life without any artificial preservatives?
- Chemical additives are not allowed in organic products. Therefore, preservation of Natural Core products is achieved through the meticulous moisture adjustment, together with the utilization of only natural preservatives like tocopherols (natural antioxidant that can only be found in organic food) and rosemary in order to keep our organic products fresh, wholesome, tasty and nutritious for a significant period of time if used by the recommended date. In addition, to prevent the products from oxidizing, our products are individually packed in highest quality nitrogen-sealed packaging.
- -Where do the ingredients used by Natural Core Products come from?
- Organic Chicken Meat
The chicken meats are obtained from the renowned manufacturer, EreBo. All chicken are raised organically in an eco-friendly environment with outdoor access and fed only with certified organic feed for their entire lives. Their organic feeds cannot contain any animal by-products, antibiotics or genetically engineered grains and cannot be grown using persistent pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Once grown, these chicken are sent to SAJO CO., a slaughter house where bones and fat are removed under stringent monitoring. Drugs, antibiotics and hormones are also prohibited in organic poultry farming where Natural Core obtains its source.
- Boneless duck meat and lamb meat
We use only the organic deboned lamb meats imported directly from Australia, while our organic deboned duck meats are supplied by JOOWONORI CO.
- All imported agricultural products are tested by SGS (World’s leading inspection institution) on-site to detect the use of 177 kinds of pesticide (all existing types of pesticide), melamine and GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms). Only crops that are examined and certified safe by SGS will be imported and used by Natural Core products.
- Organic Chicken Meat
- -Where are the origins of Natural Core’s ingredients?
- About 35% of our ingredients are produced in Korea while the rest are directly imported from USDA certified organic farms over more than 6 countries around the world such as Mexico, the United States, Brazil, New Zealand, China and India, without going through any distributing companies in order to obtain the freshest ingredients straight from the farm.